Thursday 22 October 2015

Cybersecurity: Protecting your data

October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month and experts believe there’s a growing black market, which gathers personal data to sell to the highest bidder.

A number of people around Springfield said they have been hacked or scammed online, or know someone who has fell victim to identity theft.

“I try and lock my phone with a code that only I know, and I’m sure people could discover it if they really wanted to,” said Jennifer Harrington.

“I just try to beef up my security like passwords and try not to use the same passwords on all my accounts. I think we have a tendency to do that,” said Susan Lamy.

Jeremy Hill works with JMARK Business Solutions in Springfield, a company which provides IT services to companies. They work to keep data safe, data that is always at risk. For the full article click here 



from cyber security caucus http://ift.tt/1PIlThR
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment