Monday 23 May 2016

How to Fix the Cybersecurity Blind Spot That Is Shadow IT

Can You Uncover Your Blind Spot?

I don’t know about you, but I love the new blind spot warning system on cars. Originally, it was the tiny convex mirrors that my mom made me install on my side-view mirrors, which sort of helped; now, it’s visual indicators that flash a nifty little light in my mirror if another car is in my blind spot. Wouldn’t it be great to have that everywhere in life?

I thought about that the other day when out shopping and came mere inches from spinning my cart into a small child who had darted out of an aisle behind me. I can only imagine the calamity that would have ensued, from explaining how I didn’t see little Sammy to clarifying how he ended up in a heap on the ground.

Today’s enterprise faces a number of similar blind-spot challenges involving shadow IT and mobile users. Taking advantage of technology that can help protect against the hard-to-see threats makes perfect sense. For the full article click here 



from cyber security caucus http://ift.tt/25bdr0z
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment